Bharat ko Janiye Quiz
We are happy to inform that the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India is organizing the 2 nd edition of Bharat Ko Janiye (BKJ) Quiz 2018-19. This Quiz which was earlier open for two distinct categories - NRIs and PIO/OCI - has now been opened for a third category of Foreign Nationals as well. Accordingly, the last date of registration has been extended till 15 September 2018.
2. Eligible contestants aged between 15 and 35 years in all three categories are required to complete online registration at portal www.bharatkojaniye.in. There is no entry fee for participation.
3. Bharat Ko Janiye (BKJ) Quiz will be conducted in 4 rounds, of which the first round will be conducted by the Consulate General of India, Johannesburg and it would be conducted on online mode. The decision to conduct it onsite would be taken by the Consulate General of India, Johannesburg depending upon the number of contestants who opt to take it onsite.
4. In the first round, the site will be open for the contestants from September 16 to September 30, 2018. There will be 30 questions to be selected randomly by the computer which have to be answered in 25 minutes. There is no negative marking. It may be noted that Quiz contestants do not require visiting the Embassy to take the test. In case, Mission intends to organize the onsite Quiz, evaluation of the test would be done by the Mission and thereafter the results (score and time taken) will be uploaded.
5. The top three contenders/participants of the 1 st round of online and offline (if conducted by CGI, Johannesburg) for categories NRI, PIO/OCI and Foreign National will be awarded medals by CGI, Johannesburg and they would be eligible to participate in the second round of Quiz (online) to be conducted by the Ministry. The top 10 finalists from each category of NRI, PIO and Foreign Nationals will be selected on the basis of marks secured in the second round and they will be invited to participate in the third round (semi-final) and fourth round (final) in India. They would also participate in a 15-day Bharat Ko Janiye Yatra including a visit to Lakshadweep Union Territory.
6. The top 3 winners of all categories (NRI, PIO and Foreign Nationals) will be awarded Gold/Silver/Bronze medals at the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention in January 2019 at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.