Greetings from the Consulate General of India in Johannesburg. Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi has envisioned a Digital India Program to transform the nation into a digitally empowered society and a knowledge economy. In order to move closer to realizing this great vision, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Government of India, along with Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) and other stakeholders is organising the India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2018, scheduled from 25th to 27th October 2018, in New Delhi.
2. The first edition of India Mobile Congress held in September 2017 brought together Mobile, Internet, and Technology companies on one platform, under the theme “Connecting the Next Billion”. The event was attended by over 2000 Delegates, 32000 Visitors, 152 Speakers, 100 Exhibitors and 100 Start-ups.
3. IMC 2018, is envisaged to be an even bigger event with its theme “New Digital Horizons: Connect, Create, Innovate”. It aims at building ideas, showcasing emerging mobile technologies and product trends, manufacturing, start-ups, sectoral insights and impactful solutions. The platform will see a greater International presence than the first edition of IMC, with over 10 Partner Countries, 100 Global Speakers, 300 Exhibitors, 1000 International Media and 50,000 Visitors. A special focus will be accorded to Start-ups in the technology space through a dedicated engagement program. Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi is expected to inaugurate this event on 25th October 2018 at 10.00 AM.
4. The key element of IMC this year is the ASEAN & BIMSTEC Ministerial Conclave. This conclave will bring together Telecom & ICT Policy Makers and Regulators of 14 nations from the ASEAN and BIMSTEC regions in Asia. The Conclave will drive discussions around developing policies and regulatory road maps in a dynamic digital landscape.
5. This is a rare opportunity to any country, their government and industry to be present in the event hosted by Government of India in partnership with the telecom operators and supported by all stakeholders like manufacturer, R&D, Academia etc.
6. Brochure of India Mobile Congress is attached for further information.